Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas - Overwhelmed

I am completely overwhelmed at the moment.

Winter break has been anything but, so far. This week involved 7 photoshoots scheduled in 3 days...thank the lord 2 of them were a bust.  I don't know if that's what "real" photographers do, but I'm a) pretty sure it's not, and b) i'm pretty sure that if it is they have teams of people to deal with it.  December has been my heaviest month of photography, probably ever, if not its a close second to my final month of my photo degree program. I have an entire column of folders on my desktop full of images to sort through, correct, and god forbid retouch. A rough count tells me I've shot about 2500 frames this month...which is essentially my normal amount for about 40% of a given year.  This is good and bad...it means I'm finally taking this more seriously. It also means I have to figure out how to balance taking this more seriously with being a productive member of society without losing my sanity. I'd just gotten used to working full time and waking up at 5am every day too.  I've decided I'm taking a break from non-paying work until toward the end of January.  Between work, my current load of images to worry about, and performances of a crazy piece of music with a friend's string quartet, it's just a bit much.  Not to mention wanting to get back on the diet band wagon in January. But enough personal bullshit.

No photos to share this post, just venting.

There should be a ton of photos forthcoming though, given I still have to update about my last 2 shoots, have done 6 beauty shoots, and a catalog/advertising/product line shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment